Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

Review: My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking



For some reason, I am still addicted to vampire books as I'm sure most of you are as well. The industry tells us that dystopian and zombies are the thing now, but did the vamps ever really go away?

No, they've been here for centuries in literature and they're not going anywhere anytime soon and I'm glad of it. Especially with Vampire Academy's movie coming out sometime in the future, this part of the urban fantasy/paranormal genre isn't going to be gone forever. Vamps will always make a come back. There's just something so mysterious and magical about them, it would be a crime if authors stopped using vamp characters.

I've read the Hollowlands Series by Amanda Hocking before and loved that series. The perfect amount of romance and action makes Jeanette a happy girl. So I was hoping to find the same with My Blood Approves and I was not disappointed. It had it all.

My Blood Approves was released in 2010. I cannot believe I've never come across this series before. I learned about it from a vampire thread on goodreads.com where group members were listing their favorite vamp series.

I loved My Blood Approves. Jack and Alice are so cute. It got a little weird with Peter for a second. Alice is meant for Peter but she's with Jack. Simple little love triangle, except it's blood-driven. Peter wants nothing to do with Alice, yet they are drawn to each other.

The characters are totally likable. I loved Jack's character. His whole persona I could envision. A definite must-read if you were stuck in the dark ages with me and haven't heard of My Blood Approves yet. Read it! I command you to!

Stay Tuned for the book 2, Fate, review in a couple days.

Happy Reading,

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment