Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Best Romantic / Love Quotes From Books

Best Romantic / Love Quotes From Books

Getting You in the Valentine's Day Mood

In honor of Valentine's Day tomorrow, I've decided to gather together some of my favorite love quotes from books I've read. Feel free to steal 'em and use them on your sweetheart. My sweetheart is halfway across the world, but words of love travel distances.


1. “I am the happiest creature in all the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.”
– Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

2. “He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips’ touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

3. “I can’t live in a world where you don’t exist.” – Stephanie Meyer, New Moon

4. “Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.”
– William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

5. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is wing’d Cupid painted blind.”
– William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

6. “There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

7. “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.”
― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

8. “You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”
― Richelle Mead, Frostbite

9. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”
― Nicholas Sparks

10. “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays

***Read an excerpt from Culture Shock, my debut novel and a love story with a dangerous edge.

Learn more about me on my website : http://jeanettepekala.com/

Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest: @JeanettePekala

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JeanettePekalaAuthor

Be my friend on goodreads.com: Jeanette Pekala

Happy Reading,

Jeanette





No comments:

Post a Comment