Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver was sooooo good. I super duper enjoyed it. Here's the gist:

Years in the future, America has deemed love a disease, something that you could be infected with and there is a mandatory cure for all citizens on their eighteenth birthday.

Lena couldn't wait to turn eighteen and become safe from the disease until....she falls in love....just mere days before her operation to be cured.

See what happens when Lena and Alex try to beat the odds and keep their love while everyone is trying to take it.


Lauren Oliver has really written a perfect piece of literature. Some parts were mundane, but that is necessary for you to understand the type of world in which Lena lives.

It was easy flowing and interesting. Then at about the last chapter, things heat up immensely to a climax. It was nuts. I'm talking aloud to the book. My husband thought I was crazy (delirious?) saying, "Oh my gosh!" or "Oh man!" or "I can't believe this. What's going to happen?". Well I figured out what happened and it turned out to be a perfect ending. I won't blow it for you and I won't tell you if it was happy or sad. You'll have to find out for yourself.

The story was inspirational and suspenseful and at the very root...a love story. Trust me, you'll love it!

Don't forget to tell you friends about becoming a follower! $10 Visa gift card giveaway ends tomorrow for new followers! Winner will be drawn July 31, 2012. Don't miss out!

Check out my author profile website for my debut YA urban fantasy series: "Culture Shock" at http://jeanettepekala.com/

or visit my other blog for travel to the High Springs area: http://visithighsprings.blogspot.com/

Follow me on Twitter: @jeanettepekala

or Facebook: It's Always Sunny in High Springs

2 comments:

  1. This is on my tbr list, bumping it up closer to the top now :)

    A new follower to your blog!

    SJ
    http://anonbookslut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great read. I just got Pandemonium(the second in the series). Can't wait to start reading.

    Love the name of your blog. Becoming a new follower!

    ReplyDelete