Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Review of "Dracula" by Bran Stoker

Okay, so, I have to admit, I love Vampire books. It's a bloody obsession (pun intended). I always wanted to read "Dracula", but never did. The version I read was "Dracula" by Bram Stoker with an introduction by Leonard Wolf and an afterword by Jeffrey Meyers.

What brought me finally to pick up the book was in the "House of Night Series" by P.C. and Kristen Cast, they mention it and used quite a bit of content from it. So  it peeked my curiosity as to the actual story of "Dracula". 

Recent vampire novels have been making vampires look like the 'good guys', so it was a whole new aspect to me to read "Dracula" that makes vampires the total bad asses they are supposed to be. "Dracula" is evil, seductive, and scary.

I love the setting of Transylvania and the insane asylum. Absolutely fabulous. It was exciting how it starts with Jonathan Harker in Dracula's castle in Transylvania, then moves to England and its crazy mishaps, and then to an all out trek across Europe chasing the one and only "Dracula". It's great.

Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment