Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"A Great and Terrible Beauty"

"A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray was great and refreshing. I love historical fiction novels and a bit of the supernatural. The novel takes place in England around the late 1800s at an all girls boarding school. It's a bit of a ghost story, but not scary. The main character, Gemma Doyle and her friends discover a secret group that travels the realms of the supernatural. It's a mystery too, where they try to figure out a murder mystery of two former students from years passed. I love reading historical fiction novels because you get a taste of what life was like. I was intrigued by the life at the boarding school of mostly forgotten girls. It's very interesting and different in that there aren't many novels I've read of the supernatural that take place in that time period. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment