Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Cliff Hanger"

Okay, so I've never actually started reading a series of books that aren't all completely relased. I guess I hate waiting to get the next installment to the series, so I choose to read complete series that have all been released.

That was all true until I started reading Richelle Mead's novels. There are 3 and soon to be 4 series that she has written.

*Vampire Academy Series
*Dark Swan Series
*Georgina Kincaid Series (Succubus)

and soon to be released

*Bloodline Series ( a pin-off of Vampire Academy)

They are all urban fantasy adult/young adult novels. A genre that I never really related to until lately. I'm addicted to them. I find myself putting off housework and guiltily ignoring my children to a small extent just to finish a paragraph, chapter, book.

But in series that I've read in the past, all the books in those series were released already. When I read "Vampire Academy" in the past few months, that was the case. Since then, I've started the Georgina Kincaid (Succubus) Series and the Dark Swan Series. Both of those series haven't had all their books released yet and now I'm anxiously waiting for the final books in these series to be realeased. For more information about these series, go to http://richellemead.com/books/books.htm

Also, I can't contain myself about how excited I am about the new series, "Bloodlines". It's a spin-off series to Vampire Academy, with the same characters I've grown to love. It comes out August 23, 2011.

Released August 23

So now I have to experience the true cliff hanger in waiting for all the releases on the three series that I haven't finished/started. I can't wait to dive in. In the Georgina Kincaid (Succubus) Series, I still haven't started "Succubus Shadows" (the fourth book in a five book series). I've ordered it and am waiting on the shipment to come in, you can read an excerpt from the book here.

Happy Reading,

Nette

No comments:

Post a Comment