Monday, June 13, 2011

Vampire Academy: Finished all 6 in a week

It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago, I would never have touched a book. Let alone read 6 novels in a week. Vampire Academy, even though it's in the young adult section at the library, got me hooked. It drew me in and I was turning pages deep into the night.
It was hard to put the books down, when it was bedtime. The only thing that made me stash it aside was physical exhaustion. The mixture of action, romance, drama, and the original supernatural tales within all 6 novels, kept me going and going.
There are 6 novels in all. By the time I got to the fourth one, my librarian said, "you go through these fast, huh?". "Yes, I do. They are addicting," I told her.
I would even look on my county's website and see which branch's held a copy of the next book and drive up to 20 miles, just to score the next book. I normally would just put a hold on a book and have it delivered to my local branch, but sometimes it can take a few days. With this series, there was no waiting....I had to see what happened. Every page was an adventure. I almost had to buy one, since they weren't available by the fifth one, but I got lucky the next morning when one was returned to my local library branch. Even though, I wouldn't have minded buying one. I believe the authors deserve that much from the reader, especially with a good riveting series like "Vampire Academy", but I'm dirt poor and it's just not feasible at this time.
I love those novels and hope that there are a couple follow up pieces. There were a few ends left loose at the end of "Last Sacrifice" (the finale of the series). So, I'm hoping there will be.
I can't get enough of Rose, Dimitri, Lissa, and probably my favorite character, Adrian.
The author hinted on her acknowledgment page, that she will be writing more moroi and dhampir tales. I don't know if they will include the same characters, but I hope they do.
I think I'll be excited either way. If you love a good love story mixed with some action and drama and love a good vampire book, this series is for you.
I just found out recently that there is going to be a Vampire Academy movie....So freaking excited! I can't wait to find out who is playing who. It should be interesting...
I would love to hear if anyone else loved the novel like I did or hated it to no end, so feel free to leave comments as you like!
To check out more info on the Vampire Academy books go to: www.vampireacademybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment