Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead...LOVED IT!

So after reading all the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer, I was left with a hunger for the supernatural vampire world. The book Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead satisfied that hunger. It's the first book in a series. I can't wait to start the next one.

At first, I didn't think I would like it. Plus, I thought it would be like reading Twilight all over again, which I wouldn't mind, but I wanted something fresh and new. Though it was similiar to the Twilight series in a way. It was also so VERY different. I love the world Richelle Mead created and the characters feel so real and dynamic.

The next book in the series is Frostbite. I just reserved it from the library and can't wait to sink my teeth in...pun intended. So far the book has turned out to be everything I would want in a novel: Love, action, adventure, drama, and characters that seem so real even though they are fantastical.

The other books in the series that I know of including ones I've already mentioned are:
#1: Vampire Academy
#2: Frostbite
#3: Shadow-Kissed
#4: Blood Promise

It's a New York Times Bestseller Series and I guarantee if you love the mythical world of vampires, you will love this series. Give it a go!

If you want more information on the books, you can go to: www.vampireacademybooks.com

or the author's site: www.richellemead.com

No comments:

Post a Comment