Friday, March 11, 2011

Review of "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway

I finished reading the book. I have to say it was okay. I wasn't compelled by the book and it wasn't a book that held my interest for very long. I love a book that will keep you turning pages long into the night, but this one didn't.

I am a huge history buff. I love learning about decades and centuries before my time. This book did captured the post WWI 1920s decade well. I love learning about how things used to be. However, that was it. There was I believe a weak story line and nothing interesting at all. The end of the novel was just as weak. I did learn a lot about bull fighting, but other than that I have not much to say. 

I understand that Ernest Hemingway is an award winning fiction writer, but as far as "The Sun Also Rises", I was not impressed.

I'm always looking for a great book to read, so if anyone can interest me in one, please by all means, let me know. 

I enjoy romance and love stories the most and prefer them when there's action involved. Please help me in choosing some literature that would interest me and I'm open to hearing about what you thought of "The Sun Also Rises".

No comments:

Post a Comment